How to use a tampon?
Using a tampon with applicator
Every tampon packet provides instructions for use that must be followed:
- Make sure that the tampon is in the bigger tube of the applicator with its string hanging out of the smaller tube.
- With clean hands hold the applicator between the thumb and the middle finger at the end of the larger tube where the smaller tube inserts into it.
- Spread the legs and insert the free end of the bigger tube into the vagina.
- Press the narrow tube with the index finger pushing the tampon in place in the vagina.
- Remove the applicator while leaving the string of the tampon hanging out of the vagina.
Using a tampon without an applicator
- With clean hands hold the base of the tampon between the index finger and the thumb.
- Insert the tampon into the vagina.
- Push the tampon inside, gently, with the middle finger while leaving the string hanging out of the vagina.
- Remove the finger while leaving the string of the tampon hanging out of the vagina, to be used later during the removal process.